0
Sponsored Link

A week after he was cleared over the killing of unarmed teenager Michael Brown, Darren Wilson has officially resigned from Ferguson police to allow the community to heal. 

The 28-year-old who has been on administrative leave since August 9 following the incident said that he was resigning because of his 'own free will' and didn't want to put his colleagues at risk by staying. 

Part of his resignation letter reads;
“I have been told that my continued employment may put the residents and police officers of the City of Ferguson at risk, which is a circumstance that I cannot allow. For obvious reasons, I wanted to wait until the grand jury made their decision before I officially made my decision to resign. It was my hope to continue in police work, but the safety of other police officers and the community are of paramount importance to me. It is my hope that my resignation will allow the community to heal,” he said.




Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top