0
Sponsored Link

A pensioner suffered years of torment after developing a hernia that inflated to the size of a football every time he coughed has finally got a surgery. Glenn Williams, 67, was left with the gigantic bulge following complications from bowel cancer surgery.Henia 5He spent two years suffering with the growth – which measured 20cm by 30cm and was so pronounced he was even accused of shoplifting. He was originally told his hernia, which was ten times bigger than the usual size, was inoperable.Henia 2
‘If I coughed and when I was standing my stomach shot out like a football. I had different belts to try and keep it in but nothing worked. People accused my of shoplifting, they thought I was hiding something. On another occasion when I had my Jack Russell terrier with me someone asked why I hadn’t given him the football and another person even asked when my twins were due.henia
‘People would stare at me wherever I went. It affected me not only mentally, and physically, but emotionally too. It was highly embarrassing and depressing. It was awful.’Glenn Williams
Eventually, he was referred to consultant plastic surgeon Graham Offer who told him about a ground-breaking new procedure.Glenn WilliamsThe father-of-two, from Leicester, underwent a complex six-hour operation which involved splitting the muscle layers of his abdomen and moving them over each other like a sandwich.



Follow OMOMedia on Twitter!

Like OMOMEDIA on Facebook!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top