0
Sponsored Link

 


Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t believe trophies have any 
impact in deciding who’s the best player in the 
world, proclaiming he’s better than Barcelona 
superstar and Ballon d’Or rival Lionel Messi. 


Real Madrid’s all-time leading goalscorer spoke to 
Spanish newspaper El Pais back in August, in an 
interview withheld until now to promote his 
upcoming documentary. Jesus Balseiro of AS 
translated his views on Messi’s success: 


It doesn’t bother me. If you look back over my 
past eight years, I’ve always been at the peak; 
and that is difficult. Name me someone else 
who has done it? After that, being No.1 or No.2 
is a matter of small details, such as if you win 
trophies or not. Perhaps for you, Messi is the 
best; in my head, I am the best – and everyone 
should think that about ourselves. That is why I 
have been able to achieve so much in my 
career. 

It was hard for me to watch Messi picking up 
several Ballon d’Ors. I’d be thinking: “Why 
should I go to the gala?” 

Barcelona may be thriving as a team, but Ronaldo 
has been proving himself with individual accolades 
of late. After surpassing Raul as Real Madrid’s top 
scorer earlier this term, he’s now honing in on 
another goal record. 

“I am not the humblest person in the world, I admit 
that. I am not fake. But in one way I am very 
humble. I like to learn. 

I don’t mind people hating me, because it pushes 
me. When I go to play away, they are always 
against me, but it’s good. You have to see the good 
things from the haters. I need the enemy. It is part 
of the business. They start screaming when I touch 
the ball. It had started already when I was 18 or 19. 
It is not a problem for me.” 


Messi, on the other hand, is seen as a far more 
humble creature, one who prefers to stay out of the 
spotlight despite his unparalleled quality on the 
pitch. 

Recently, a poll of 20 Brasilerao Serie A coaches 
were asked if they’d rather sign Messi or Ronaldo 
given the chance. Despite Brazil’s historic rivalry 
with Argentina, Messi took 75% of the votes. 




Follow OMOMedia on Twitter!

Like OMOMEDIA on Facebook!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top