0
Sponsored Link

ad_165035162
A baby died from meningitis just hours after he laughed and giggled for the first time.
Evan Summerfield’s grandparents discovered a rash on his body that didn’t fade when a glass was put on it.
So the four-month old was rushed to hospital in Plymouth with suspected meningitis.
Despite doctors efforts he died hours later.
His grandmother, Sarah Summerfield, said: ‘We’re so confused how fast this horrible, nasty illness just takes hold.
‘One moment he was laughing and smiling and then, it seems like in a heartbeat, he was so cruelly taken away.’
She added: ‘They took him to the doctors and that was the first and last time he laughed. It’s like he left it for us.
‘I’m 38 and I never thought I would have to sort out a funeral, never mind for my 17-year-old daughter having to organise one for her four-month-old son.
‘It’s not right. I should have gone first before my grandson.’
Mrs Summerfield said the awful news still doesn’t seem real, with herself, Evan’s mum Shannon E-Summerfield, 17, and father, Kris Adams, 19, all devastated by the news.



Follow OMOPedia on Twitter!

Like OMOPEDIA on Facebook!


Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top